The artist-run Eclipse Mill Gallery is located on the first floor of Eclipse Mill Artist Lofts, 243 Union St., North Adams MA, one half mile east of MASS MoCA on Route 2. Our exhibitions feature artworks by Eclipse Mill resident artists as well as other artists based in the area.
Gallery Season: May – December; Hours: Thursday thru Sunday 12 – 6 pm (unless otherwise noted). Also open by appointment. For further information or to schedule an appointment call (413) 664-4353
The building is handicap accessible. Unless otherwise noted all events are free and open to the public.
- March 25 – April 19 Dawn Nelson “365 Sweet Nothings”
Artist Reception Saturday April 11, 6 – 8 p.m. All Invited.
- May 9 – June 1 Berkshire Salon, Many Media
Open to area artists and aspiring artists, a non-juried show. In our 7th season, we are exhibiting 40 + art works. Visitors welcome.
- June 7 – 29 Betty Vera “Hiding in Plain Sight”
Betty Vera’s recent Jacquard tapestries will bring a contemporary urban sensibility to the Eclipse Mill Gallery. The artist’s focus, she explains, is on aspects of reality that are always within our field of vision but often escape our attention: “Rather than seeking out what I want to see, I try to be aware of what reveals itself to me.”
Opening reception June 7, 6:00 – 8:00 pm, Artist Talk: 7 pm
- July 5 – 27 Marjorie Minkin “Evolution: Lexan Works 1989 – 2014”
Opening reception: July 12, 6 – 8 pm, Artist Talk: 7 pm
- August 2 – 19 “Kyu-Kyo”: with Hu Renyi, Insun Kim, Junji Yamada, Kyung Han Kim, Moemi Yamamoto, Rieko Fujinami, Yoshikazu Yanagi
Opening Reception: August 2, 6 – 8 pm, Artist Talk: 7 pm
- August 22 – September 7 Jim Peters/Kathline Carr “The Collaboration: Mixed Media”
Opening reception: August 23, 6 – 8 pm, Artist Talk: 7 pm
- September 12 – October 5 “Independent Inquiries: Danielle Fogarty, Elizabeth Smith, Joan Wright, John Durnin, Marsha Recknagel, Valerye Zerra”
Opening reception: September 13, 6 – 8 pm, Artist Talk: 7 pm
- October 10 – 26 “To Each Her Own: Cathy Doocy, Debi Pendell, Sharon Carson”
Opening Reception: October 11, 6 – 8 pm, Artist Talk: 7 pm
Gallery talks are held periodically during the exhibition season. These are informal talks given by artists who participate in the various shows. On occasion there may also be talks by artists who are visiting here at the mill on a short term residency program. All talks will be held in the Eclipse Mill Gallery. They are free and open to the public.
See the Events page for upcoming talks.